JOURNAL OF ADOLESCENT RESEARCH
Dr. Arnett has been the editor of the Journal of Adolescent Research since 2002. JAR publishes articles intended to increase understanding of development during adolescence and emerging adulthood. The emphasis of the journal is on publishing papers that meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Combine quantitative and qualitative data.
- Take a systematic qualitative or ethnographic approach.
- Use an original and creative methodological approach.
- Address an important but overlooked topic. (This could include papers with strictly quantitative data).
- Present new theoretical or conceptual ideas.
In addition, all papers must show an awareness of the cultural context of the research questions asked, the population studied, and the results of the study. Furthermore, all papers must make a substantial contribution to the literature on adolescence or emerging adulthood.
Journal of Adolescent Research Articles published by Dr. Arnett
Journal of Adolescent Research, 2006
In search of vitality: Reflections on editing JAR, one year in. Download this article (pdf).
Journal of Adolescent Research, 2005
The vitality criterion: a new standard of publication for journal of adolescent research. Download this article (pdf).
For more information on the journal, including how to submit a paper or subscribe, see the journal web site: jar.sagepub.com.